Following the increased usage of RSS feeds following the release of the Contemporary Homepage before Christmas we have undertaken some work to improve the functionality of the Digitalbrain RSS viewer and the RSS syndication of a number of our applications.
These improvements include:
- Bringing the user interface inline with newer applications
- Allowing DB RSS objects to be inserted into Learning Module pages
- Full support for both RSS and ATOM * syndication
Other applications now taking advantage of RSS / ATOM syndication
- Any calendar is now available as an ATOM feed
- The new Forum application is available as an RSS/ATOM feed
What does this mean for you
Any object with DB that supports RSS/ATOM syndication can be displayed within the Digitalbrain RSS viewer. This means you can pull through the information from a variety of sources to a single RSS object with your or your schools account. It is also possible to take these Digitalbrain RSS objects and insert them into Learning Module pages thereby producing a static display of the information contained within that feed.
If you use this method to pull through, for example, a calendar you can generate a page that displays the next 20 upcoming events.